Welcome To Lebanon: A Small Nation With A Big Heart
Generally, Lebanon does not pop up when we think of family holidays. However, unknown to many, this beautiful country has earned its name as a dream destination of the Middle East and is flocked by millions of tourists. From the sun-soaked beaches to spellbinding natural wonders, Lebanon boasts breathtaking natural beauty, vibrant cities, and a rich cultural heritage. It offers numerous family-friendly attractions and fun activities you can enjoy with kids. Are you contemplating a trip with your young ones to Lebanon? Here are some of the best places to visit in Lebanon with kids for memorable family moments: Let’s go!
Fun Places To Take Your Kids In Lebanon
- Jeita Grotto: Are you looking for an offbeat holiday experience with your kids? Start your extraordinary Lebanon vacay with a visit to Jeita Grotto. A natural wonder, Jeita Grotto is a series of interconnected caves with stunning stalactites and stalagmites. Isn’t that fascinating? This impressive cave system is also a UNESCO World Heritage site. It will surely captivate kids with its otherworldly limestone formations and underground river. Furthermore, a boat tour inside the cave is usually a hit with kids. Thus, Jeita Grotto secures a first spot on our list of the best places to visit in Lebanon with kids.
- Beirut: The capital city of Lebanon, known as the Paris of the Middle East, features several kid-friendly attractions. It guarantees an unforgettable experience for adventure buffs and kids of all ages.
- Beirut Seafront Promenade (Corniche): The Corniche is a picturesque seaside promenade along the Mediterranean Sea. You can stroll, enjoy a picnic, fly kites, or ride bikes with your kids. Also, the nearby playgrounds and parks make it a lovely spot for a family outing.
- The Beirut Hippodrome: If your kids are into horses, the Hippodrome offers horse racing events, which can be an exciting experience. Also, visit the Luna Park Beirut for amusement rides.
- National Museum of Beirut: While museums might not be the first choice for kids, this one is different. It exhibits an impressive collection of 100,000 artifacts such as mummies, relics, and sculptures that may captivate kids.
- AUB Nature Trail: This trail on the American University of Beirut campus is a beautiful place for a family hike, especially during the spring when the wildflowers are in bloom.
- AUB Beach: The American University of Beirut’s beach is open to the public and offers a safe and enjoyable swimming experience.
- Baalbek: Explore and marvel at the impressive ancient Roman temples in this UNESCO World Heritage site. Also, the colossal size and grandeur of the structures surely awe kids and adults alike. The Temple of Bacchus and the Temple of Jupiter are its highlights. Hence, visiting Baalbek can be a fascinating history lesson for kids.
- Byblos (Jbeil): This ancient Phoenician city is a UNESCO World Heritage site. One of the best places to visit in Lebanon with kids, Byblos is the oldest inhabited city (since 5000 BC). Explore the charming old town of Byblos with cobbled streets, historic sites, and picturesque harbor. Kids will enjoy climbing the castle and walking along the seafront. Furthermore, the National Museum of Obelisks and Sultan Abdul Majid Mosque are worth a visit. Also, Byblos houses the best nightclubs and restaurants in Lebanon.
- Byblos Castle: It is a well-preserved Crusader castle that kids will enjoy exploring.
- Byblos Fishing Port: A picturesque area where you can watch fishing boats and stroll along the waterfront.
- The Cedars of God: Take your kids to see the famous Cedars of Lebanon, an iconic symbol of the country. Located in the mountains, this serene natural reserve offers beautiful hiking trails. Children can enjoy nature walks or a family picnic and learn about the significance of the cedars in Lebanese culture. Thus, Cedars of God is undeniably among the top places to visit in Lebanon with kids offering an exciting excursion with treasured memories.
Other Places To Visit In Lebanon With Kids: Fun And Adventure
- Ehden: Continuing with our search for the best places to visit in Lebanon with kids is the picturesque mountain town of Ehden. It offers a serene atmosphere and spellbinding scenery. The Ehden Adventure Park is perfect for families seeking outdoor activities like zip-lining, tree climbing, and hiking.
- Pigeon Rocks (Raouche Rocks): These iconic rock formations along the Mediterranean coast offer beautiful views of the surroundings. Moreover, children might enjoy the boat rides around them.
- Mzaar Kfardebian (Faraya): In winter this is a popular ski resort for families. Faraya is the go-to spot for skiing, snowboarding, and other winter sports. Even if you visit in summer, the mountain views are spectacular. You can enjoy outdoor activities like hiking and zip-lining.
- Tyre (Sour): Among the best places to visit in Lebanon with kids, Sour is a perfect tranquil beach retreat for families. Thus, soak in the unparalleled beauty and swim with your kids in the azure waters. You can even explore the Al-Bass Archaeological Site and learn about the history of Sour.
Jounieh: Head to Jounieh with your kids and take the Teleferique cable car to Harissa. The cable car ride offers panoramic views of the city and the sea. Also, witness the iconic Our Lady of Lebanon statue during the ride.
Besides these sites, Tripoli, Bekaa Valley, Batroun, Anjar, and Qadisha Valley are also among the best places to visit in Lebanon with kids.
These are 10 top places to visit in Lebanon with kids that provide elating and extraordinary experiences. However, Lebanon has much more to offer, and with proper planning, you can have a memorable family vacation. So, pack your bags and embark on the ultimate family vacation in this Middle Eastern gem. From natural wonders to historical treasures and thrilling activities there’s something for everyone on this unforgettable journey. Remember, to check the latest travel advisories and safety guidelines before planning your trip to Lebanon. Consider the interests and ages of your children when planning activities to ensure they have an enjoyable and enriching experience. Additionally, check the opening hours and availability of activities before visiting these places.
When is the best time to plan your visit to Lebanon?
May to August (Spring to Autumn) is the best time to visit Lebanon.
- How can I pay for things in Lebanon?
Cash is king in Lebanon and is the most widely accepted form of payment.
- What should I wear in Lebanon?
You can wear all types of clothing according to the season in Lebanon- skin-fit clothes, trousers, shorts, abaya, hijab, t-shirts, etc. However, these standards vary from city to city and region to region.